SHIPMENTS MAY TAKE LONGER THAN USUAL. UPS IS EXPERIENCING EXTREME DEMAND.
Due to COVID-19, all orders for shipment may experience longer than normal fulfillment times. We are currently shipping on MONDAYS and WEDNESDAYS. Also note that UPS is NOT guaranteeing shipments of any kind due to impacts of COVID-19. We will not issue refunds for damage, delays or melting of shipments at this time.
WARM WEATHER SHIPPING NOTICE - PLEASE READ!
Now that temperatures are above the melting point for chocolate, if your order will take more than 2 days in transit via UPS Ground, you MUST select 2nd Day or Overnight service. We ship using insulated packaging and frozen gel packs; those only protect the chocolates for 48 hours.
We cannot be responsible for shipping delays or melted/damaged product.
Twenty Degrees Chocolates is an artisan chocolatier where we do everything by hand, with love and attention. That includes packaging your order for shipment to ensure it arrives in pristine condition.
Please familiarize yourself with our shipping policies before you order to ensure that your purchase arrives safe and sound.
Processing Your Order
When you place an order on our website, we receive an electronic notification and then we:
- confirm the products you ordered are available
- check the weather en route to, and at, your destination to determine the best shipping method, and
- verify your chosen shipping method is suitable for the destination
Protect and Pack
Following order processing, we pack your order. During warmer months (April-mid-October, and when temperatures are above 70 degrees), we have a minimum purchase requirement of $50 and only ship via UPS 2-day, Standard Overnight or Priority Overnight methods. We strongly suggest shipping Overnight in warm months. We also use eco-friendly, sustainable insulation liners and cold packs to protect your purchase, which adds $4 to your shipping. We do NOT make a profit on shipping.
Ready to Ship
On Mondays and Wednesdays, we deposit all orders at our friendly neighborhood UPS store. We don’t ship the rest of the week because we don't want your precious confections sitting in an unconditioned warehouse over the weekend. (Who wants to receive chocolate soup?!) We send you tracking information at the time of shipping so you can follow the progress of your package.
- We do not ship same-day (processing can take up to 2-3 business days); we prioritize Overnight and 2-Day shipping orders first.
- We cannot ship to P.O. or APO Boxes or International addresses.
- For shipments to Alaska and Hawaii, we use only Overnight service.
- All orders require a street address and phone number.
- UPS does not pick up or deliver on national holidays.
- There is a $20 minimum order for shipping; $50 minimum in warmer months (May-September). No minimum is required for in-store pickup.
- Ground Shipping has no guaranteed delivery date. If you choose Ground shipping, please be aware that your package may not arrive on the day you have chosen.
- Delivery companies often leave packages shipped to a residential address outside and exposed to the heat. Twenty Degrees Chocolates is unable to provide a refund for melted product shipped to a residential address.
- Please verify the accuracy of the shipping address and make sure the recipient will be available to receive the shipment before placing an order. Twenty Degrees Chocolates is unable to provide a refund for melted product if your package is undeliverable on the first attempt to the address provided.
- If you need your order by a certain date, then please call our partner retailer Petit Philippe at 704.332.9910 for assistance with your order.
We are not responsible for the following:
- Errors on the part of the shipping company.
- Damage to the shipment, including melting, once the delivery company takes possession of the packages.
- Incorrect or undeliverable addresses and/or recipients.
- Shipments which are undeliverable on the first attempt by the shipping company.
- Deliveries made to unoccupied addresses and which are left outside at the discretion of the delivery driver.
- Delays caused by weather, mechanical failure or other acts beyond our control.
We strive to consistently satisfy our customers, and we guarantee that our products leave our facility in peak condition. Due to the perishable nature of our product, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for items that are not damaged or defective. If you receive a damaged or defective item, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
For items purchased online we will gladly send replacement items or refund the original purchase price (excluding shipping) if the product is damaged (not including damage from heat during shipping if overnight shipping is not chosen). We cannot be held responsible for the following: delays caused by weather, mechanical failure or other acts beyond our control, incorrect or incomplete addresses input by the purchaser on the original web order, dislike of general taste of the product. Our shipping policy (above) provides further details.
For items purchased at our Design Center or Petit Philippe retail partner stores:
We are happy to provide a replacement item or refund (with original receipt) for damaged or defective items. If possible, please return the remainder of the product in its original packaging. We cannot be held responsible for items which are not shipped by us.